I hope everyone had a chance to finish the book and is as excited as I am for our first Blog Party Book Club discussion! Here’s how this will work. Below is some discussion questions about The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle for you to answer in a blog post on your personal blog or website.
Once you have written your post with your answers to the questions, come back to this page and enter your name and the link to your post in the form below.
After I receive your link, I will post it to this page so that everyone can see it. Check back here periodically to see if any new links have been added.
Then, feel free to check out what your fellow BPBC members have written. Be sure to comment on other people’s posts with your thoughts and reactions to what they have written. The ability to chat with other book lovers is half the fun of this little exercise!
We are still looking for suggestions of what book to read next so please let me know if you have one you would like to suggest. Also we would love to get more people involved, so please tell your friends about the Blog Party Book Club so they can get involved in time for our next book!
1. Introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and what kind of books you like to read.
2. What did you think of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle? Did you like it? Dislike it? Why?
3. Did you have any exposure to Sherlock Holmes / Arthur Conan Doyle before you read this book? Had you read the book before? Other Conan Doyle books? Do you watch any Sherlock Holmes T. V. shows, miniseries, or movies? Do you read other mystery / detective stories?
4. If you have seen / read other Sherlock Holmes books, T. V. shows, movies, etc., how do you think the book we read compares to them? Which Sherlock book / adaptation is your favorite?
5. Which story did you like best? Were there any you didn’t like? What did you like / dislike about it?
6. What do you think about the character of Sherlock Holmes? Dr. Watson? Irene Adler?
7. Now that you have read The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, do you think you read more Sherlock Holmes or anything else written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle? Would you recommend this book to a friend?
8. Any other thoughts you would like to share with us?
9. What book(s) do you think we should read next?